I just released MacHg 0.9.14 which adds the ability to drag and drop from the browser to the dock or finder; improves importing and exporting patches; fixes a major bug to do with very heavy processor load and visual flickering; updates the Mercurial bundle to 1.7.5; handles the new security model of Mercurial 1.7.5; includes TrustedCertificates for https connections; fixes handling of external diff tools for the users who were having issues; and fixes or addresses many smaller issues including: #136, #148, #158, #159, #163, #164, #173, #178, #179, #181, #185, #189, #192.
It feels good to get this version out the door since it fixed that very infrequent but fairly serious bug of maxing out the processor and causing page flicker. It was really hard for me to solve this bug since I couldn’t reproducible it. But finally in the end through users help, I found an example which could reproduce the problem. And happily with that I solved the issue.
I will also comment and say that the new security changes in Mercurial 1.7.3 & 1.7.4 are for the better but adding the corresponding support in MacHg was not without some pain. Most of the changes which occur to Mercurial these days are pretty much internal changes but the security changes in handling https were definitely changes that had to be accommodated by GUI writers like me.
It was also good to nail that complaint which I also couldn’t reproduce about external diff tools not working correctly, since they worked fine for me… (It turned out that the users didn’t have /usr/local/bin on their path, whereas I did through /Users/jason/.MacOSX/environment.plist)
Anyway, with those changes, things are coming along really nicely. MacHg 1.0 is nearly here…! 🙂