I am extremely happy to announce that much work has happened on MacHg in the last 4 months. In fact after the 25 previously shipped versions of MacHg I have released, I am just about ready to launch a very complete version 1.0. (This corresponds to the original complete feature set I considered to be a mature and very complete client.)
There have been many, many changes in these last months. However, the major changes can be grouped into the following categories:
- Major work on the sidebar (MacHg now supports repository grouping for sub repositories and sub repository support, multiple selection dragging, deleting, badge counts, moving, and copying to other documents.)
- File outline views, and flat file table outline views, in addition to the browser view. (This was a much requested feature.)
- In product, sub-line, side-by-side and unified differences. (Another highly requested feature.)
- Hunk level commit selection when committing or amending a commit. (Another frequently requested feature.)
- Revamping the menu layout, adding better support tags, bookmarks and branches, etc.
- Added a new AlterDetails sheet to allow easily changing commit messages / commit authors / commit times.
- Refactored the GUI to more uniformly use my own concertina views.
- Removed dependence on BWToolkit for compatibility with newer versions of XCode.
- Many, many bug fixes, additions and improvements.
If you use MacHg could you download this version and give me feedback on it. I am looking for show-stoppers and new things that crop up as a result of these changes. I should be releasing MacHg 1.0 in maybe a week’s time… During this next weekend I will be adding the documentation for the new features and recording screen casts on new functionality, etc.
You can download the beta version of MacHg here: http://www.jasonfharris.com/machg/downloads/assets/MacHg1.0.0Beta.zip http://jasonfharris.com/machg/downloads/